Skype is one of the popular telecommunication applications and software. Skype is very popular for providing the services like video chat and voice calls between different users using various devices like computers, tablets, mobile devices and many more. Skype can also be used by using the console of the Xbox One.
We use skype a lot in daily basis, like we use skype to call people from around the world internationally or even locally just to do a video chat with our friends and families. Skype has provided you various features while you are doing a video call to your friends and families like it has provided the screen sharing feature. In this feature we will be able to share our desktop or mobile screen with the person that we are having conversation at that time. And the other person can also share their desktop or mobile screen with us.
Steps On How To Share Screen on Skype
- At first you will need to have an internet connection on your computer or laptop devices since the skype is an internet based application. As you have connected your computer or laptop devices to the internet then you will be able to use the skype and follow the listed steps.
- Once you get your computer or laptop devices connected to the internet now you will need just need to open the skype app on your windows desktop.
- As you open the Skype app by double clicking on the Skype app icon. Now you will just need to provide your login details of Skype to get yourself logged in into your skype account. You will only be able to share your screen after you get logged in into your account and start your video call with some other people.
- Once you get logged in into your account you will get to see lots of other user that are online you will just need to select the user or person to whom you want to call and share your screen.
- As you select the person that you want to call then now you will just need to video call with them. Once your video call is started both of you will be able to see each other on your monitor screen.
- Now to share the screen you will need to search for the 3 dot icon or button on your video chatting screen. You will be able to find the 3 dot icon or button on the bottom center of the video chatting screen on the left side of hang button.
- Now you will just need to click on that 3 dot icon or button. As you click on that button it will provide you some options like “Share Screen”, “Share screen and sound”, “Dial pad”, “Add people to call”, “Place call on hold” and many more options.
- Among all these options you will just need to select the first option that is “Share Screen” option. Just click on that option. As you click on that option you will get to see a square box appear on the bottom right corner of your video calling screen saying “Sharing desktop”.
- Once the small box with “Sharing desktop” message is shown on the bottom right corner of your video chatting screen, now your desktop screen is being shared with the person you are calling. That person will be able to view all the activities that you are performing on your desktop.
- And if that person also shares his or her screen with you then you will also be able to see his or her screen. You can record calls if you want to which is another in-built feature on Skype.
These above listed steps will help you to use the share screen feature provided by the Skype to its users. Once you successfully use this service or feature provided by the Skype, then you and the person with whom you are having video call can see each other’s desktop screen. And will also be able to monitor all the activities performed by the each other.
This feature is very useful if one person need to teach another person anything related on their desktop just by viewing their desktop screen and giving directions. So by this way you will be able to share your desktop screen with the person you want on Skype.